Let’s face it, July has been a sweaty sticky month and frozen desserts are just NOT an option! This recipe’s inspiration comes from one of our favorite chef in Montreal, . We all know he’s super talented but boy his he sexy in person! We both had the chance to meet him at different occasions and he’s so charming and truly genuine.
My sister had a chance to grab a signed copy of his cookbook at a little while ago and we decided to draw inspiration from his strawberry shortcake recipe using his delicious genoise.
If you have a chance, make sure to visit his !
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Using a 9 X 11 baking sheet cover with parchment paper
- Melt your butter and reserve
- In a mixing bowl of electric mixer beat the eggs and sugar until white and fluffy (5-8min)
- Add vanilla
- Stir in flour into eggs mixture, little by little and folding gently between addition (this step in important to take the time so that your egg mixture stays fluffy)
- Fold in melted butter slowly
- Spread batter on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min
- Let cool
- Once cooled, put in freezer for 20-30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 cups of vanilla ice cream, make your own or buy a good quality artisanal vanilla ice cream
- Let the ice cream thaw just enough so you can mix in the berries
- In a big bowl mix the chopped strawberries into the ice cream and stir making sure all the little pieces are well incorporated in your ice cream
- Return to freezer
Assembly of the ice cream sandwich
- Take your cooled genoise and with a 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 8 circles
- Take out ice cream and with regular ice cream scoop, scoop in the ice on 4 cut out of the genoise
- Top it with the other genoise
- Put back in freezer until ready to serve
Happy Sweet Remedy!